How do you change a Structure Boolean from false to true using Blueprint?

I’m experimenting with Data Tables and Structures to create a Quest system - I am pretty basic in terms of knowledge of Structures and Data tables so please bare with me!

I have a structure set up with a bunch of different Booleans as well as other data, and one of the Booleans is Quest Given that is set to false so that the same quest wont be given multiple times.

When you interact with the NPC, i want to change the Quest Given Bool to true instead of false within the NPC’s blueprint or Player Character’s blueprint but I cannot for the life of me figure out how to do that.

The Boolean is editable on the structure so if anyone can help me with this I’d appreciate it!

This is the blueprint where I want to change the Boolean to true from false after it checks on the Branch Node.

You say:

within the NPC’s blueprint or Player Character’s blueprint

But to me it seems that you want to update the content of the Data Table - but they are read only.

DTs are supposed to be static. Move the content to a Map - it’s the same as a Data Table but without the fancy interface. In short:

• somewhere in a framework class, move the data to a Map:

This variable is now your editable data.

• to update any member of the map’s struct, expose it like so (if you do not, it remains unchanged), update the value, push it back in:

You no longer need / use the DT at this point. It was just a source of default data. Imagine what would happen if you modified the actual data table and then restarted the game. The player would have all the quest already completed.

You, ofc, do not need to move the entire DT into the map in one go. You can fetch a single quest struct and add it to the player’s map variable only when needed - when they receive a call to adventure or something…