How do you attach a skeletal mesh to an empty character on event play?

I’ve look through the fourms and the answer page but I can’t get the examples that they all explain to work.

enter code here
USkeletalMesh* ARPGParty::getPlayerMesh(int32 index){

long asd = index;
	if (PartyMemberCount <= index){
		////Con::warnf("WARNING::Party Index out of range: %d", index);
		return nullptr;
	}
															  //SkeletalMesh'/Game/RPGEngine/Actors/Characters/TheWarrior/TWar_Actor.TWar_Actor'
															  //mesh(*(PartyMembers[index].DataBlock));
	static ConstructorHelpers::FObjectFinder<USkeletalMesh> mesh(TEXT("SkeletalMesh'/Game/RPGEngine/Actors/Characters/TheWarrior/TWar_Actor.TWar_Actor'"));// );
	return mesh.Object;
}

This is what I am using to get the mesh via string saved in a database listing and create my party members on event play. But this fails every time. Even when I copy reference directly from the content browser the constructor fails.

All I want to do basically is to dynamically create the controller mesh and apply the animation when the level starts. But blueprint can’t create a mesh with a dynamic string so i tried this method and it fails on the creation of the mesh.

The break is on: > UE4Editor-RPGEngine_ProtoType-Win64-DebugGame.dll!ConstructorHelpers::FObjectFinder::FObjectFinder(const wchar_t * ObjectToFind) Line 67 C++

Via Rama:

template <typename ObjClass>
static FORCEINLINE ObjClass* LoadObjFromPathPTR(const FName& Path)
{
	if (Path == NAME_None) return NULL;
	//~

return Cast<ObjClass>(StaticLoadObject(ObjClass::StaticClass(), NULL, *Path.ToString()));
}

USkeletalMesh* ARPGParty::getPlayerMesh(int32 index){

long asd = index;
	if (PartyMemberCount <= index){
		////Con::warnf("WARNING::Party Index out of range: %d", index);
		return nullptr;
	}

FName name = *PartyMembers[index].DataBlock;
	USkeletalMesh* LoadedObject = LoadObjFromPathPTR<USkeletalMesh>(name);//load the object as per tutorial below or use static load object directly, or use ObjectFinder.

if (LoadedObject)
	{
		return LoadedObject;
	}
	return nullptr;
}

Source: