How do we re-enable Android Debugging in 4.10?

I can’t currently connect the Nsight Tegra Debugger to any Android device in 4.10 (VS 2015). I know when I built the project files it told me that Android debugging ‘May’ not be available.

I have updated my version of Android Works to 1R4, which seems to play absolutely fine with the engine (though, you have to install 1R1 first and work your way up for some bizarre reason). Surely there is a way to modify (even manually) the generated Visual Studio file so that I can debug with Android? I don’t really want to have to install VS 2013 again purely to debug.

EDIT: Also found this, maybe useful? TADP 4.0r1 multiple target architecture error - Nsight Visual Studio Edition - NVIDIA Developer Forums

The error I get by the way, is a pop-up box saying “Given Key Not Present In Dictionary”

Just updated to 4.11 for S&G to see if the debugger would work. So first thing is that 4.11 generates a VS 2013 project file for me… okay then. However, the debugger does ‘just’ about start to work, when all of a sudden:

I had this same problem way back in 4.7/4.8, so not pleased to see it return. Can we pls get this some attention relatively soon? I’m constantly fighting an uphill battle with Android development… this is my second major issue this week alone :frowning:

sigh… now opened the Engine and tried to package for Android ATC. Won’t even build now…

MainFrameActions: Packaging (Android (ATC)): UE4Editor-Cmd: begin: stack for UAT
MainFrameActions: Packaging (Android (ATC)): UE4Editor-Cmd: [2016.01.28-13.37.55:546]  0]LogWindows:Error: === Critical error: ===
MainFrameActions: Packaging (Android (ATC)): UE4Editor-Cmd: 
MainFrameActions: Packaging (Android (ATC)): UE4Editor-Cmd: Fatal error!
MainFrameActions: Packaging (Android (ATC)): UE4Editor-Cmd: [2016.01.28-13.37.55:546]  0]LogOutputDevice:Error: 
MainFrameActions: Packaging (Android (ATC)): UE4Editor-Cmd: end: stack for UAT
MainFrameActions: Packaging (Android (ATC)): UE4Editor-Cmd: [2016.01.28-13.37.55:551]  0]LogPhysics:Warning: PHYSX: ..\..\PhysX\src\NpScene.cpp (2946) 8 : PxScene::unlockWrite() called without matching call to PxScene::lockWrite(), behaviour will be undefined.
MainFrameActions: Packaging (Android (ATC)): UE4Editor-Cmd: [2016.01.28-13.37.55:551]  0]LogPhysics:Warning: PHYSX: ..\..\PhysX\src\NpScene.cpp (2946) 8 : PxScene::unlockWrite() called without matching call to PxScene::lockWrite(), behaviour will be undefined.
MainFrameActions: Packaging (Android (ATC)): CommandUtils.Run: Run: Took 84.1481192s to run UE4Editor-Cmd.exe, ExitCode=3
MainFrameActions: Packaging (Android (ATC)): Project.Cook: Cook failed. Deleting cooked data.
MainFrameActions: Packaging (Android (ATC)): Program.Main: ERROR: AutomationTool terminated with exception: AutomationTool.AutomationException: Cook failed. ---> AutomationTool.AutomationException: BUILD FAILED: Failed while running Cook for D:\P4\JBaxter_Main\SatSim_Main\GESGame.uproject; see log C:
MainFrameActions: Packaging (Android (ATC)): \Users\James\AppData\Roaming\Unreal Engine\AutomationTool\\C+Program+Files+Epic+Games+4.11\Cook-2016.01.28-13.37.56.txt
MainFrameActions: Packaging (Android (ATC)):    at AutomationTool.CommandUtils.RunCommandlet(FileReference ProjectName, String UE4Exe, String Commandlet, String Parameters)
MainFrameActions: Packaging (Android (ATC)):    at Project.Cook(ProjectParams Params)
MainFrameActions: Packaging (Android (ATC)):    --- End of inner exception stack trace ---
MainFrameActions: Packaging (Android (ATC)):    at Project.Cook(ProjectParams Params)
MainFrameActions: Packaging (Android (ATC)):    at BuildCookRun.DoBuildCookRun(ProjectParams Params)
MainFrameActions: Packaging (Android (ATC)):    at AutomationTool.BuildCommand.Execute()
MainFrameActions: Packaging (Android (ATC)):    at AutomationTool.Automation.Execute(List`1 CommandsToExecute, CaselessDictionary`1 Commands)
MainFrameActions: Packaging (Android (ATC)):    at AutomationTool.Automation.Process(String] CommandLine)
MainFrameActions: Packaging (Android (ATC)):    at AutomationTool.Program.MainProc(Object Param)
MainFrameActions: Packaging (Android (ATC)):    at AutomationTool.InternalUtils.RunSingleInstance(Func`2 Main, Object Param)
MainFrameActions: Packaging (Android (ATC)):    at AutomationTool.Program.Main()
MainFrameActions: Packaging (Android (ATC)): Program.Main: AutomationTool exiting with ExitCode=25 (Error_UnknownCookFailure)
MainFrameActions: Packaging (Android (ATC)): Domain_ProcessExit
MainFrameActions: Packaging (Android (ATC)): copying UAT log files...
MainFrameActions: Packaging (Android (ATC)): BUILD FAILED
PackagingResults:Error: Error Unknown Cook Failure

According to (UEPLAT-266), it is not currently possible to use VS2015 to compile or debug for Android or iOS just yet. If you’d like to debug using Visual Studio, please install VS2013.

Thanks!

Hi , I did that (see last two posts) - and it still failed to work.

The SIGILL is normal; this is libcrypto looking for cpu features and is harmless. Just click on continue.

oh… weird. well I’ll give that a shot tomorrow.

Just wanted to add that this still never works for me, even in 4.12 and above. In 4.12, I’m following this guide: http://zompi.pl/unreal-engine-4-debugging-on-android/

Unfortunately I’m really close, but the Android Packager seems to add duplicate keys to the .apk and therefore Visual Studio rejects it :frowning:

I suspect it’s related to this (which is also still a problem). [Android] "Extra Tags for node" adds attributes, not tags - Mobile - Unreal Engine Forums

What are these duplicate keys? I am not aware of this issue.

any success?

Negative. Stopped Mobile dev a while ago now too!