How do I use the Rotator/Panner texture options?

Like the question says, how do I utilise the texture rotation/panning options through blueprints? (Same as ut2kx TexPanner/TexRotator)

Hi there,

You need to hook up something into the “Time” input of the rotator/panner node. This can be a scalar value. If you want these nodes to animate your textures you can hook up a time node to the panner and the “Speed X” will adjust the panners speed in the X axis and “Speed Y” in the Y axis.

Woops, did not read the blueprint part. What would you like to do through blueprint? adjust the values of the panner and rotator node? or control their inputs? If you want to control their inputs then you need to plugin a parameter value for the inputs you need to control. You can name this parameter anything you want. In the blueprints editor, create a Material Instance Dynamic (Parent would be your material) and use set scalar parameter value. The parameter name would be the name of your parameter you created in the material editor. alt text

I suppose I was over-complicating things a bit when I said blueprint, but thanks for the advice on that :slight_smile: The first section did exactly what I needed though!

Thank you :slight_smile:

haha no problem, it happens all the time :slight_smile:

Is there a way to have the material rotating around an object but to be able to rotate that axis? As far as I can tell the Panner node only rotates the material around the X or Y axis according to the World settings for those two axis