How do I use Google Play Services?

Hello Everybody!

How do I use Google Play Services? I am not looking for info on how to setup my game to use Google play. I used the guide here, and I am good to go.

How do i use Google Play Services within Unreal Engine 4. I see examples in Tappy Chicken that communicate with Google Play Leaderboards, what about GPS’s networking, etc?

Are you using C++ or Blueprints?

I will explain it to you:

CONFIG

In your config you have to specify GooglePlay as your OnlineSubsystem. To look how to do this look in the OnlineSubsystem documentaion.

C++

First uncomment the OnlineSubsystem part in your BuildScript.

You can obtain an OnlineSubsystem pointer by

IOnlineSubsystem::Get();

From there you can get different Pointers for example to Achievement Interface or Leaderboard Interface.
For the functions look github/UnrealEngine.

GooglePlay implements the following interfaces properly:
Leaderboard
Achievement
ExternalUI (to display the info).

Blueprint

Look the Tappy Chicken example project to see which nodes are there and how they are used, it is a good example!

Thanks for your reply! You have pointed me in the right direction.

I am using blueprints. I want to implement Google Play’s match making functions using blueprints (Tappy bird does not cover this).

They have opened a thread to try to explain this:
https://forums.unrealengine.com/showthread.php?21803-Google-Play-Setup

I hope you can reach to the point I am stuck (I connect to google play game in development mode, but I cant connect in distribution mode … and I have no idea why… please if you reach at this point or pass through it let me know)