How do i update my graphics driver . read note

I am using a hp pavilion touchsmart 15 sleekbook windows 8 64 bit. When I want to run fortnite before it starts it tells me to update my amd graphics driver because it has known issues, and yes when I run it its kind of laggy and takes a long time to load. but it isn’t my wifi because I always check and my wifi is fast. I need to update it to the version 16.60. but I don’t know how. I have already gone to my support center and updated everything but I still haven’t seen it update anything related to the graphic driver. I am using the radeon HD 7500 right now.

I hope this is answered soon, as I get the same thing when I try to start up UE4. In specific mine’s this:
The installed version of the AMD graphics driver has known issues.
Please update to the latest driver version.

AMD Radeon HD 7640G
Installed 13.152.1.1000
Recommended 16.16.2711.0

Given that I’m on an older ASUS laptop, also running Windows 8 64-bit, I’m a little scared of changing the graphics driver. I don’t want to be out a computer if I mess it up - I can’t afford a new one.

for fortnite issues go to the fortnite support page. this answerhub is for questions about developing within the unreal engine.

first things first, laptops arent supported for developing in the unreal engine. also im guessing that your graphics is a integrated system which is also not supported, you should have a dedicated graphics card to work in unreal.

now as for how to update drivers theres several ways to do it. you could go to the manufacturers website, download and install the new driver. you could go into the device manager in windows and find the hardware you want to update and install drivers from there. or many manufacturers provide programs that will automatically keep drivers up to date like nvidia’s geforce experience.

also if you install a driver and it has issues that doesnt mean your computer will be bricked, you can just uninstall the driver and reinstall the older one.