How do I trigger onComponentBeginOverlap events with a First Person Character and also if a HMD Locomotion Pawn is possessing Player Controller? (Please Help!)

The blueprint scripting in my Pickup Blueprint above works with the First person character overlapping the pickup, but when I possess the character with a HMD locomotion Pawn and overlap the pickup nothing happens. I have the same functions just with different variables in both the HMD locomotion Pawn as well as the First Person Character. If i switch the true and false branches on the cast to FirstPersonCharacter and Cast to HMDLocomotionPawn when I preview my game in VR I hear the sound effect cue explosion as soon as I start it and all of them are destroyed before I get to overlap them.

I also have a similar casting in the level blueprint shown below that triggers sound cues and that works with both the first person character and the HMD locomotion Pawn, so I think everything is ok with the collision settings.

Am I using the Branch function incorrectly? I tried making an enum switch instead of a branch with the same results.

Please help, I am having a lot of trouble trying to figure this out.

Thank you,

Melissa

here is also a screenshot of the collision settings on the pickup cube, it is activating with the First Person character but not the HMD Locomotion Pawn

did u look up the collision setting of the locomotion pawn? sometimes there could be the solution for the problem

The HMD locomotion Pawn is activating trigger boxes if you look at the second image I provided. So the HMD locomotion pawn does have the ability to activate triggers, I’m just not sure why it doesn’t work in the first picture I provided.

Does anyone else have any advice for me? I’m kinda at a stand still with my project and really need to get over this. Please, any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.