How do I stop the editor from moving the duplicated object?

Hi all, first time here. UE4 is great and I’m having a blast building stuff in blender and importing them, but as I’m building my private castle, I found something annoying:

Every time I hit Ctrl+W, UE4 moves the duplicated mesh 10 units along the x and y axis. Is there an option I can set somewhere that will stop it from doing this?

1 Like

Hey, did someone find a way to do this at all?

Select the object you want duplicate > CTRL+C > CTRL+V :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

I think shift+drag arrow still works in unreal editor. Or it was alt+drag maybe. :smiley:

Just try dragging with status key pressed, some will rotate some duplicate selected actor.
Or google old unreal editor keybinds help file many of them are still in unreal.

2 Likes

It’s ALT+Drag but they want the duplicated object with the same Location (x,y,z) of the original object.

Anyway, if you want use CTRL+W, you can disable this:
1.png

4 Likes

Hmm then switch to rotation, alt+drag in rotation mode it will have same position just different rotation.

Thanks both of you, all these methods work well (can’t believe I missed all of these!)

I’m building a large plane using modular pieces and the default offset was annoying because it meant I’d have to reposition the duplicated plane in both X and Y axes to bring it to the desired position. Just Alt-drag in translation mode does exactly what I want to achieve this!

1 Like