How do I stop epic games launcher from running on start up on Mac OS?

I can’t shutdown my Mac as the Epic games launcher won’t quit.
How do I stop it from automatically running on start up?

Open the launcher, go to settings (bottom left) and untick ‘Run when my computer starts’.

Epic answer

1 Like

Finally a valid answer, embarrassing I did not check inside the program, but in Mac Settings startup items, which is not there.

1 Like

It’s strange that they made it a launch agent, but I’m sure there was a reason… I mean I don’t think it’s embarrassing you didn’t check the preferences, I didn’t think of it either; I’ve never seen a startup item for a straight-up application handled this way.

This app is stunningly spammy. It sets itself up to autolaunch on startup – but does not report this in the MacOS list of “Login Items”. By default the app (which has launched itself) also litters your screen with adverts for the Epic’s games and with other “special offers”. This is [a] annoying, and [b] seriously inappropriate.

1 Like

It’s resolved bro. Just click epic game launcher and click on the settings icon at the bottom left /U can see this/ click later disable the option “run when my computer start”

1 Like

No, it’s really not resolved. The fact that it doesn’t show up on the list of login items or have “open at login” checked just raises a whole lot more questions about what else Epic Games Launcher might be doing in the background without me knowing.

if we talk about the epic launcher, there is no other app in this world that behaves worse than this. switching between tabs and menus takes ages. is incredible how bad it is and still no changes years later.