How do i speak to particular player trough VOIP?

Hi I’m working on a game where all 6 players should be able to talk to each other using push to talk and everyone should be able to hear it, but 2 of them should have a separate key that only allows them to talk to each other and only they hear it. How can I implement this?

Hey there @Kokapuk! So like a social deduction style game? Working with VOIP is different for every system, and the built in VOIP system doesn’t have a channels feature, you’d have to do a bit of C++ work to get it to do multiple channels. I have a reference on how to get it setup for a basic listen server, but if you’re using something like EOS I do believe there’s more features there and this developer has a couple of videos on the topic, including voice sessions with EOS.

Disclaimer: One or more of these links are unaffiliated with Epic Games. Epic Games is not liable for anything that may occur outside of this Unreal Engine domain. Please exercise your best judgment when following links outside of the forums.

Basic Setup:

EOS playlist:

I got my voice chat working using first video, my main poblem is about multiple channels. So how do i implement that?

That’s a bit harder, so the base VOIP seems to only have one channel natively, I couldn’t find resources on how to separate them into channels natively.

1 Like

So what can i use instead of voip?

Ahhh so there is multiple channels, and I found the documentation for it.

This is still dependent on which online service you’ll be using.