How do i set up mouse sensitivity?

In my ArchVis project, I used the first person default game to get it set up initially. Now I can’t figure out how to make my mouse move slower. It would be good for shooters but in this, I want a slow movement to the mouse. Any ideas on how I can get my character to look around slower?

I’m also very new at UE4, so as helpful as screenshots are of working BPs, I likely won’t know what the parts are to make one. So descriptive answers are helpful.

Try changing the BaseRate floats in the character blueprint.

Is this what I should edit? When I click on them they have a base turn rate of 45. I changed this all the way down to 2 but saw no change after compiling and saving the blueprint. Its just the default character blueprint from the first person project UE4 provides.

Hmm that should have done it… i kinda don’t know then sorry :confused:

If you want to do it globally, in this example from a settings menu, I suggest doing it this way:

This way you just scale the input. Be wary though, I think if you use a controller, it also adjust sensitivity of the walking stick and such.

I know the topic is no longer active, but I still found it to be difficult to find a solution to this problem, so here is what I did and what I think is the easiest way to change the mouse sensitivity:

Click on the FirstPersonCharacter → Edit Blueprint → Open Blueprint Editor

then add float*float action and use it to multiply the Axis Values by the desired factor

102237-ue4+mouse+sensitivity.png

2 Likes

Thank you, this worked great! For any noobs looking at this, there are different types of Floats, make sure you select the Multiple float (the one with the * symbol next to it.)

@jordylakiere: I’m afraid you are right, this most likely only works with the FPS and Third Person blueprint. Since there are no RTS blueprints anyway, I guess you will have to create your own RTS camera system, so it is basically up to you how you implement the camera and cursor speed. Unfortunately I won’t be able to help you with any details since I’m a total UE4 beginner myself, but I know there are some RTS tutorials on youtube, maybe one of those will help you.

This is completely useless unless you have a FPS or whatever right?
What about say an RTS where you actually have a cursor?

Not sure there’s such option in 4.11, but in 4.16 you can set sensivity (not only for mouse) in Project settings -Engine - Input.

Cheers for the noob tip :wink:

Seems to be old, but for the record:

You can just use the Console Command:

MouseSensitivity 0.3

or something :wink:

Absolutely right. At default it is hidden / collapsed.

4.26.2 type sensitivity in the filter (not mouse)