How do I set scale when importing an FBX file from Blender?

So I’ve got two groups of assets in my Blender file:

1. An animation with associated objects
  2. A set of static objects that will be attached in Unreal

I’m exporting these to FBX in two separate groups, and importing them as such, so I can keep the animation together and move the statics separately.

The animation gets imported to UE4 with a 100x scale modifier. I have absolutely no idea where that’s coming from, I can’t seem to edit it, but it actually results in a correctly-sized object so whatever.

The statics, however, don’t get that 100x modifier so they’re tiny relative to the animated structure, and I cannot for the life of me figure out how to increase their scale.

I’ve tried all of the following, none of which has any effect on the scale of the statics:

1. Applying scale before export
  2. Including a scale modifier in the “Transform” section during FBX export
  3. Toggling “Apply Unit” on and off (I don’t even remember what it was originally, I’ve tried both ways)
  4. Switching “Apply Scalings” from “All Local” to “FBX All”
  5. Setting “Import Uniform Scale” in UE4 to 100 during import
  6. Enabling and disabling “Convert Scene Unit” in UE4

Absolutely none of those things did anything and I feel like I’m losing my mind here.

This is my export and import settings as they currently are, though like I said I’ve tried all sorts of random things here:

Are you willing to share the model so I can have a look at it?

If you want to have models 1:1, set blender units to centimeters, that way animations and scale handling will be seamless. By default blender works in blender units that are the equivalent to 1 meter and when you export it that 1 meter is 1 unit, which in unreal is 1 centimeter

If you need to bake XForms post importing you can. Enable the ModelingToolkit plugin. It’s called something different in UE5 but it’s got the same tools in it + some more.

Then you can bake in a scale after import directly into the asset.