How do I set Oculus camera location, and reset my DK2's location based off of the camera?

Two quesitons:

How do I set Oculus camera location

I got my project working with my DK2, however I do not know how to change the location of the camera for the Oculus Rift. It seems to be placing my Oculus camera in the middle of my character’s mesh, instead of where I have my first person camera placed (which shows up normally when I start the game in windowed mode).

I read that the Oculus camera is based off of BaseEyeHeight, however no matter how I try to alter this in my blueprint, the location of my camera does not change.

How do I edit the location of this camera?

Additionally, how do I recenter the viewport based off of the camera? For example, if I start up the demo looking down and to the left, but I want to recenter the viewport based on looking forward, how would I go about doing that?

the standard “f12” hotkey (used by some demos in other engines and everything that does TrackIR) to recenter the view doesn’t seem to be baked into any of the demos I’ve seen so far. However, they do seem to support alternate interfaces (mouse look, keyboard look) that allow you to compensate. If you are experimenting right now, that is probably the easiest way to work around the issue.

I plan to look into a proper fix in more detail after I implement some fixes to “stat unit” and “stat unitgraph” support for the rift.

I’d be curious to know if anyone else has this working either via a BP or via C++.

having the same problem here:

Hi MrMusAddict,

Sorry we did not get to this sooner. If you want to reset your Oculus tracking, you can use the “Reset Position and Rotation” node that is available in blueprints.

Take a look at this page for more information:

Let me know if that helps.