How do I save console commands

After entering “ShowFlag.Bones 1”, I restarted engine, and they returned to their original state. How do I save these settings?
Additionally, how can I apply this setting differently depending on the level?
I want to make bones visible only at certain levels.

1 Like

I see no one ever replied. I’m having same issue. I want project to have r.RayTracing.Geometry.InstancedStaticMeshes.Culling 0 by default in one project. Can I save it somehow?

You can do this in your project files.ini I think, its somewhere in there where on startup it will run what ever commands you wish

Hello @jojunhyeon and @Baalnazzar1

For some settings, you can add them to your projects DefaultEngine.ini

But to execute console commands on project startup, the best I can come up with is to launch the engine with the console commands and then open your project from there.

From the Epic Games Launcher, click the drop-down next to the engine version you’re using and “Create Shortcut”

This will create a shortcut on your desktop, right-click on the shortcut and edit its properties:

Add -ExecCmds=“yourconsolecmdshere” to the end of the target field

If anyone knows of a way to do this per-project please let us know!

RightClick in Content Browser go to Console Variable editor click on Console Varriable Collection then add Console Variable type your command hit enter and save your preset … you can add multiple commands and after saving go to Content Browser where your preset is saved and right-click on your preset and hit execute. If you find this helpful please mark this as solved.

1 Like

You may do this in the project files.ini I believe theres someplace in there where on starting, it will perform any instructions you want.

@jojunhyeon, I’d recommend marking @rohangulig 's post as the solution. This Console Variable Editor in UE5 is what I would point users towards too: Console Variables Editor | Unreal Engine 5.0 Documentation

1 Like

S O L V E D