How do I restart level on player death?

You can certainly create an Actor Blueprint to do same thing, and if you want you can create an Array and use an Integer to access it as rjvm describes below. That would be a more efficient way to do things, and you would just need to make sure you drop Blueprint into each level you create. Then you can just update Array in one Blueprint if you change anything. It’s really up to you how complex you need your game level system to be. It should work either way, though.

I have just tried this but whenever game tries to restart level, engine just crashes completely.

This includes using RestartLevel console command, methods shown above and any form of opening map currently being played.

I’ve heard reports of others stating similar experiences

Hey Kenomica,

Please open a new post in Bug Reports section with details of crash and your crash logs and dump file. You can find information on how to report a crash here:

We can take a look at issue there. Thanks!

i know this is old, but i just did this and here’s a solution that doesn’t require putting anything into each level:

i put that in my player controller, but that’s just because i currently use same character blueprint for player character and enemies.

(i suspect Get Current Level Name used to not exist. also not sure why it returns a string)