How do I publish my game to a website?

I’d like to find and play my games online. How do I do this with UE4? I can’t seem to find a ‘device’ in the ‘device manager’ that specifically lists web deployment.
I’d be much obliged if someone could forward to doc pages that outline this process, or give some helpful hints.

Thank you.

Web deployment is not an “officially” supported platform yet. When subscribing, we hoped to make it very clear that Android, iOS, Mac and PC are the current supported platforms on launch day. However, if you’re a programmer and are able to get the code from GitHub along with the “optional” dependencies, you’ll see that we do have an HTML5 platform that is a work in progress – and you can use it right now! As I said, it is not officially supported yet and is still undergoing testing. In a future release we may have this as a first class platform. Meanwhile, please check it out if you are able to and provide us with feedback. What we’ve seen so far is that content developed which targets modern mobile devices generally works fairly well in a web browser.

–Mike

Awesome. Thank you. I’ll try this out when I get back to the office next week.

So it built and things seem to work so far, but when running Unreal Editor from Visual Studio 2013 Express, I receive this error:

2979-unreal_nomanifestreceivedforproduction.png

So now that I have a basic project open, I want to try publishing to HTML5. This again is where I’m stuck. I believe I want to add a device to launch to. So, in the “Launch” drop down, I select “Device Manager…” This is what I get, but I don’t see an HTML5 platform.

I’m currently running Unreal 4.02 and just tonight downloaded the source code and built from the directions on the Git Repo.The build process went without a hitch, but I just can’t find the HTML5 option.

Thoughts?

Update::
So I thought that the missing component was to download the code from the latest GIT branch, instead of the ‘release’ fork. I pulled from the latest ‘branch’ because of multiple posts and documentation referring to the ‘branch’ being where latest, untested, dev code is posted.
So, there were my exact steps:

1. Delete contest from C:\UnrealEngine-4.0
  2. Fork the branch
  3. pull the code using SmartGit into a new project, with the repo set to C:\UnrealEngine-4.0
  4. Copy and unzip the additional package files into C:\UnrealEngine-4.0
  5. Run the .bat file the creates the Visual Studio .sln file
  6. Open .sln file in Visual Studio 2013 Express
  7. Ensure proper build platform and settings
  8. Select UE4 and Build it
  9. Set UE4 as Start Up Project’
  10. Press F5

Still nothing.
The video you mention doesn’t discuss building for HTML deployment.

Additionally, I tried turning out the HTML5.Automation option in the ‘Configuration Manager’ for VS2013 Express:

The only thing this created was an HTML5 directory in: C:\UnrealEngine-4.0\Engine\Build

3082-unreal_builds-html5.png

So I’ve been rooting around in the ‘Build’ directory and found some documentation for running HTML5 .bat scripts. I’ve installed emscripten and followed what was outlined in C:\UnrealEngine-4.0\Engine\Build\BatchFiles\HTML5\readme.txt. Rerunning Unreal Editor still does not shows HTML5 as a deployment option.

After a clean and rebuild of the VS2013 project, there’s still no sign of the HTML5 option for deployment.

HTML5 build is not particularly friendly right now - as MikeF commented its best you wait for future releases. ( the current release has issues wrt HTML5 code ).

that being said - if you try to look around unreal front end you will find HTML5 option.

The batch file/readme is basically for third party libs.

Couple of things wrt to HTML5:

HTML5 code path basically follows what other mobile platforms do, More specifically the ES2 code path - so if you have a project which targets a mobile platform - you should be able to deploy it HTML5. So meanwhile, If I were you, I would start working on game and use “Mobile Preview” to test. And as things for HTML5 get more friendly, build HTML5 Target.

HTML5 code path also builds as a Win32 .exe - which allows for debugging and faster iterations. ( its not trivial to debug obsucated emscripten generated javascript). Look in UEBuildHTML5.cs; GetActiveArchitecture().

After all of these steps, I can now get HTML5 to show up as a platform to launch on. However, Unreal aborts the actual building of the project for launching on HTML5.
This ‘launch’ step was available after a system restart.

As of April 21, 2014…
There is still no solution to this query. I’ll update once an answer has been discovered or released by Epic Games.

Hi Pipeliner did you get any farther with this? I have a client that Is asking for this on a project im quoting for. Let me know if you have any info or interested in a cooperation.

J

can we put our games in our own websites for wix or others?

Web deployment isn’t exactly supported YET.

You can upload the game on your site by just following these steps…

1. Built a Download button
  2. Buy A server
  3. Upload Your Game on Server
  4. Make a URL that and adjust it into the Button
  5. Now Enjoy