How do I play an animation and audio for an imported asset by pressing UI buttons?

Basically, I have one single animation that I wish to control using the User interface. I am new to UE4 and am confused about how to make this happen, preferably I’d like to learn how to play the same animation backwards too if possible.

I need the model to NOT play any animation on START, after which I need to use the cursor to PLAY on pressing the PLAY button, STOP (reset) the model by pressing the Stop button and PAUSE the animation by pressing the PAUSE button.

I have some idea of how blueprints are used but am unsure about using animation blueprints, model-specific blueprints or widget blueprints… I also do not know which nodes would be appropriate for the same… I have uploaded the fbx on the link below if it helps in this.

I have a .wav file that I want to respond similarily to the same buttons as the main focus on my testing is for lip-sync

there are lot thing to know about what you want to do. but for a first try :

1> in your screen you use a 3d widget, i think a widget in the viewport is more apropriate ([Tuto][1])

2> Link your button to your actor the simple solution is a node call “GetAllActorFromClass” to get your actor from your widget.

3> you have to add your animation to your skeletacmesh compoent (in your actor)

345254-answer1.png

4>Use this node in an event or a function to control your animation

I think that can be a start for what you want to do

Thank you for this solution, I am still completely out of my depth here!

I just put an fbx into UE4 and instead of an fbx, I got a skeletal mesh, a skeleton, an anim and a physics asset file!

I don’t know how to create an actor blueprint and connect it to the widgets - I am more experienced in Unity3D UI…

I do need a world-space UI / 3D Widget but I can see there are issues with rendering it… no idea how to fix that

To express simply, I have one single animation and I need buttons to play/pause/rewind that animation, would genuinely appreciate help in a step-by-step process to get move this forward