How do I move an object by 1 grid snap?

Is there a way to nudge an object along the grid or snap edges, for instance when I am trying to get two objects side by side and they are maybe 2 or 3 units apart? Because I’m having a lot of trouble lining them up.

Hello,

You can select and object, then press Alt+ArrowKey to move it 1 grid snap in that direction. I hope that helps you, please let me know if you need any more assistance.

Cheers!

When holding alt and hitting an arrow key it only moves the wireframe of my object the actual object is staying where it was. I thought maybe it was just taking a bit but I’ve given it about 3 minutes and the object still hasn’t moved.

Could you provide some screenshots of this occurring? Are you moving it in an orthographic view or perspective? Once I have some more information I will be happy to further investigate

sure, it’s also a bsp I don’t know if that matters.

If it’s a BSP, you’ll have to rebuild geometry after moving it in this way to render the BSP. The brush for the BSP is changing locations, but the rendering needs to catch up. Please let me know if that helps.

Cheers!

That worked! Thank you.