How do i make shift a button that can be pressed on the controller?

Well you make the event in the project settings, under event, dictate the inputs, then in your BP have that event fire off the function.

So for instance here if i were to do that how does the controller know what shift is Since it is a input on the keyboard?

well they should be separate inputs, say we have a FPS of the sorts, now in FPS on pc we hit shift to activate the run. On controller its the push in on one of the analog sticks. So its the same activation of events but different actions that activate it, you’ll notice that you can have multiple input options per event. So you would want to have the event flag off the function, and the inputs you want to activate it powering the event.

If you want to press an input from an unreal editor/program and then it send out some kind of signal that F10 is being pressed outside the program, I don’t think this can be done (maybe with some c++ code).

If you want to press F10 or RightShoulderTrigger and have it modify the inputs this is possible.
Either use the input actions that are provided, or create a custom input as shown above.

The original image I posted was for a hold modifier. You could set it up to toggle as well.

Thanks for the help it really helped understanding button press for two buttons however, your misunderstanding what i’m trying to do here the action is the key. I need a way the controller can access more buttons then normal why i originally wanted shift on the controller. Say for instance i make a variable with Key for reference or input for reference, i can store the key i want to press in that variable right?! How do i make this set true or fire when said button is pressed???

Or make it a function to fire when said button is pressed. Because your solution is definitely the two button press issue concluded, but don’t need it to return a action of sorts need it to return a Key when pressed.

What is the significance of F10?

What is the outcome you are trying to achieve? It sounds like you’re asking the question “How do I press two buttons, but register that as third button”. This kind of question does not solve any real problems, can you perhaps describe the outcome you seek? Does pressing two buttons provoke a certain behavior? Why does it need to register as yet-another-button input (which you cannot do by the way)?

Litterally trying to make a function or action that makes two button inputs to make a different press so its as simple as left trigger + face button top = F10 and im sure you can just dont know how to translate it yet I seen a form of it done in a tutorial but with skill slot widgets and he does it with mouse and keyboard i just want it to be usable with controller as well.
[Eng] Ability/Skill Tree System: Creating the Skill Slot and Adding a Hotkey Bar #07 - YouTube

oh, yeah, as you see he stores the hotkeys in an array, have you tried that with controller inputs, because it should work there.
But I would look at how Diablo 3 on pc and then the console port of it, they did a great job of the port without losing really anything (other than some small things that where minor)

This is what i’m saying i know it is possible but how With Arrays how would this be done. This is what i don’t understand.

Do you expect me to watch the entire 20 minute video to find the segment you are referring to? This is your problem, not mine. Link to specific segment.

Also, I will go back to my point. You are not solving a real problem. Saying “left trigger + face button top = F10” does not help, this is not a real problem. What does F10 do? Does it execute a function? Then call that function using the technique that was demonstrated here earlier. You already have all the answers you seek. Just follow the advice you’ve been given.

The problem here is your not getting the question for some reason and still trying to answer. Do you even know what i’m saying have you got the question i’m asking yet?? No im not expecting you to do anything like you have been doing, why are you here to try and help when you haven’t even addressed what im talking about. Only thing i keep getting from you is negative i’m not a programming wiz i’m new to this. I do know what im asking is possible. Sarlack(BTW Sarlack and Giga-Money you have been a great help cant express my gratitude enough.) and Giga-Money has been the only one giving constructive advice and at least has solved one part of the puzzle where you just keep telling me its not possible not even knowing what im talking about although it is in plain english. I Want F10 to be F10 nothing special not trying to change it just want it to fire when i press the button combination that is it, whether i have to do it through arrays or fly to the moon i want to know how to do it is all. Telling me to do what they told me to is unneeded i have done so already as illustrated in the pictures from my game, so please if you don’t know what i’m talking about then just move on really don’t need any of that negative while trying to learn this. Thank you gk0r for all your input but i don’t need someone who is not patient to help me learn, please help more advanced people as i guess i’m not skilled enough in programming to heed your advice.