How do I make player in sidescroller (left right) on mobile

Im a bit new, and I was wondering how I can implement a way (Portrait mode) to touch the left side of the screen, and my player moves to the left, and right side of the screen, and my player moves right, while being able to tap (jump). I am able to touch and jump as it comes with the default, but i do not want to use a joystick to move left and right, instead i want to do a touch input.
Is this possible?
Thank you

Hey,

I think the best way of doing that would be using a Blueprint Widget. First you will want to create your widget and add it to the viewport in your player/pawn blueprint:

In your widget you could have two big transparent buttons on either side of the screen with actions for movement on pressed and stopping the player on release. You could add a smaller button in the center for a ‘jump’ action.

To remove the default joystick go to Project Settings → Engine → Input and clear the Default Touch Interface.

Another benefit of using a widget is that you can easily hide it if you want to be able to touch the sides of your screen without causing the player to move.

Thank you so much!