How do I make my own "first person controller" with blueprint visual scripting?

Hi!
As I said in one of my other threads; I’m new to UE4 and really want to understand and do everything myself!
Because of that I also want to make my own “First person controller”.
I don’t really know how to do that, and I haven’t found any tutorials either (only in C++).
I would be happy if someone could explain it for me and help me :slight_smile:

In the New Project window select the First Person Blueprint template. It shows how to create a first person in Blueprint.

&d=1400082077

Yes, I know how to do that, but how do I do if I wan’t to make my OWN first person controller?

EDIT: Btw; Is there a way to change the project to a/another project template, when it’s already created as an empty project?

Might I suggest you create a the C++ one and look at the code.

Zak made a detailed tutorial on making a third person game from scratch using Blueprints, and many of the concepts will carry over: 3rd Person Game with Blueprints (pre. v4.8) - YouTube

It might also be worth creating a temporary project based on our First Person template just so you can look at what is going on.

There is no support for changing the template once you have created a project, but you should be able to ‘migrate’ the pieces you want from one project to another.

Okay, I will take a look at the FPS template and then make my own based on that.
Thank you! :slight_smile:

I’m not a C++ programmer, but I’m going to try to learn the basics. Right now I’m only using Blueprints, but thanks anyway :wink: