How do I make a static mesh unclickable when it is invisible?

I am completely new to game development. I started yesterday. Basically I have started a top down RPG that begins inside of a building. Whenever the player actor walks into a building (defined by a triggerbox) I want the roof of said building to disappear so that the player may click around inside and walk around. I have added an event that takes the overlap of the player and the triggerbox, making both sides of the roof invisible. I finally got that part to work, however you cannot click around inside of the room because it seems as if I am clicking on top of the roof (which is toggled to be invisible). How do I make the roof unclickable once it has been toggled invisible successfully?

After a period of frustration, I decided to take a break. Upon coming back, I did some exploring within the engine and realized that within the static mesh details there is a collision section that can be useful. What would be the best way to set up this environment in my situation? Do I want to disable query collision so that the roof will not generate hits? In the trace responses section, what would I want to set the visibility to? Ignore/overlap/block?

I have solved my own problem. For anybody else wondering, the best thing to do is toggle visibility of the roof, and turn on physics only collision within the collisions setting in the details of each static mesh.

1 Like

I have solved my own problem. For anybody else wondering, the best thing to do is toggle visibility of the roof, and turn on physics only collision within the collisions setting in the details of each static mesh.