Download

How Do I Make A Proper Time of Day System?

I have a half-working blueprint that changes the time of day in a way but it’s very basic and I get all sorts of issues. These issues include:

• The Sun shining from underneath as the day is transitioning
  • No stars appearing during night-time
  • Very few clouds during evening/night-time

How do I improve on this?

Hi Mate

First, Turn your sun off after it sets.

No Stars may be because of the light.

Clouds, not sure.

My Moving Sun

Capture.JPG

Turning Sun Off. I have set mine up with a Timer, so the sun fades and does not just switch off.

Hope this helps

Narg

Hey man, take a look at Kleiner Baer’s channel on youtube. He has a lot of tutorials with respect to this, using both just raw blue printing logic for a more complex system that changes with the date and your lateral location as well as a simple system using a timeline.

How do I import the LightSource into the World Outliner? I’ve been working on the TimeofDay blueprint however LightSource doesn’t seem to be recognized, meaning that I get the problem where the shadows change but not the Sun.

Anyone know how to get LightSource into the World Outliner? I still haven’t figured it out.

That is most likely a standard Directional Light named LightSource, to add one go to the Lights tab of the Modes panel and drag it into the scene.

I seemed to have added it but the time of day still doesn’t change. Any reason why that could be happening?