How do I make a interior walkthrough app?

This is basicly what I want.

So I don’t have experience using unreal engine, I make all my interior designs using Revit + Twinmotion and I know I can import twinmotion projects into unreal engine, so thats that.

I feel like I could just make kind of a “template” for making these kind of apps that I could use for every project and just have to swap out the interior itself. Its probably not as easy as that…

So how would I make something like this and what tutorials would I need?
How long would it take to make this?
And can I use the thing I would make as like a template for every project?

I want to be able to customize the colors of certain furniture and objects, also open doors and just walk around. Anything extra is welcome but these are the main things.

I would start with Unreal Engine 5 fundamental tutorials, such as material and how to navigate the user interface.

Then focus on importing your Revit scene using Datasmith and Dataprep tutorials.

After that, I would look into lighting tutorials and rendering turtorials.

All can be searched on YouTube.

That is all based on you my friend. To get it up and running from scratch, with zero experience, I would say no more than a week to watch videos and then trying to import an existing Revit model to have something working.

But once you have your systems in place, and you are familiar with how everything works, then starting a new project would take less than an hour.

In addition, you will likely be adding more functionality as you go with each new project. So it’s an ongoing process.

Yes, and you should most definitely create a template to keep consistency amongst projects and efficiency in project setup.

Also, I highly recommend creating a separate project that is used as your asset library to hold all of your materials and blueprints.

I have a short explainer post on how to accomplish this using symbolic links on windows systems here:
[UE5] Use of Windows symlinks to placeholder UAssets in a different project? - Development / Programming & Scripting - Epic Developer Community Forums (unrealengine.com)

You can do that using Dataprep on import where you run a “recipe” on the imported assets. Or, you could create material functions that allow you to swap colors.

Adding the ability to open a door can be done in blueprints that you recycle by simply dragging and dropping onto a door.

Again…you will need to do your homework to learn the techniques. But the information is out there for free.

To add, I would emphasize that if you’re trying to learn Dataprep, Materials, UE lighting, and Blueprints all at once, it will take significant time to master if you’re starting from scratch. I would recommend watching some fundamental tutorials on the Epic Developer Community, as well as look into marketplace assets.

I would say to prep all your content and materials in Twinmotion and rely on Datasmith import to UE. But then you need to get into Blueprints programming, either by learning from scratch or ripping from templates.

You should familiarize yourself with the Collab Viewer template built by Epic Games. It contains a lot of tools that would be used for design review and might provide a good starting points.
Collab Viewer

Learning Courses:
Creating and Architectural Exterior Real-Time Project
Making a Blueprint Product Configurator
AEC Blueprints by Example

Marketplace products
Archviz Explorer - good for big exteriors
ArchViz Configurator - haven’t used it, but might have good references