How Do I Make A Dynamic Main Menu?

Hi, I was wondering how I would be able to design a main menu that would be affected by something like dynamic light and cloth physics using C++ and Visual Studio 2013 Community. The Last of Us has something like this.

://i.imgur/6uV0cTg.png

How complex would something like this be to design? I have little experience in programming and Unreal Engine 4 apart from some blueprint work and a few hours of cmd-based C++.

The easiest way would be to just create a special map for that which you then load when the player pressed a button + a UMG UI -> but it’s not so efficent, because you will have to load the menu map + after that also the game map. :slight_smile:

What would be the best way to do it? Are there any tutorials that go through the steps of a dynamic main menu?

What exactly do you mean by dynamic? If you’re using The Last of Us as an example, then I’m assuming you mean a regular menu but with a scene running in the background. If that’s the case, then you’d just build your menu scene as a level, and have a UMG menu sitting on top of it.

If your question is about dynamic light and cloth physics in particular, then the menu part is pretty irrelevant to the question and you might as well change your thread title so that it has a better chance of getting noticed by someone who can help with that.

Good luck :slight_smile:

Are there any good guides on building main menus in UE4 using UMG and C++ where I can have a scene running in the background that is overlaid behind it?

You could just make a scene, record it so you have a video, and then use that as your background…It might be more efficient and effecitve.