How do i maintain the speed of my projectile bullets?

Currently when i fire my projectile, it “flies” fine, but when i run in the same direction as my projectile, it visibly slows down on my screen.

I’ve tried printing the relative velocity of my projectile and char to my screen, and it goes from 1000 when my char is stationary to about 400 when i start running in the same direction.

I assume it’s this drop in relative velocity that’s causing the visible slowdown in my projectile’s flying speed. How do i make it not slow down?
I’m thinking one possible way would be to do calculations in my projectile blueprint to ensure that the relative velocity stays the same?

But i’m hoping to eventually make it a networked multiplayer, so i’m guessing that this method wouldn’t work?

You’d need to account for player velocity:

New float var in the Projectile Blueprint:

Exposed when the player spawns a projectile:

I assume it’s this drop in relative
velocity that’s causing the visible
slowdown in my projectile’s flying
speed. How do i make it not slow down?

It’s not slowing down; it simply has the same velocity regardless of whether you were moving at the time or not. The default setup in the template does not account for initial velocity of the player - it is not physically correct.

As in, a rocket fired from a flying plane has the initial speed of the plane already - that’s what needs to be added, as seen above.

Firing rockets mid-air in Quake is not terribly realistic, they do not inherit player’s velocity but it’s still fun. So you get to choose how to handle it.

If you do not see the exposed variable on the Spawn Actor node, right click it and Refresh Nodes.