How do I made a custom waterplan?

How do I accurately create a custom ocean plane with holes and add the right material to it? I have a large canyon in the middle of my map that is below sea level so I need to cut out a large area with precision, since there are rivers that use the ocean plane running right up to the very edge of the canyon.

I made a plane with holes in cinema4D, and updated the ocean plane mesh, but my new plane looks like a mirror with some river-like strands in it, even though it’s the same exact material used by the normal ocean.

Also, if you have actually made a custom ocean plane, how did you accurately add the holes in the right location? I mean, I can add the plane and rescale it, then manually try to line the holes with the terrain, but I need to be more precise. What units should I use in my 3D application? My terrain heightmap is 8129px, but when I make a plane that is 8.129km wide in my 3D program, it ends up being way too large in the ADK. I want to get the numbers right, instead of having to rescale it by eye, so any details on how you set up your ocean plane would be great :slight_smile:

c60a7f13a2d5be7067927fd0fcd41a7aee031ecb.jpeg

bump, having same issue