How do i loop my Ambient sound? Can't find checkbox for looping sound?

(See Simple question but can’t find the answer also not on the internet. How do i loop my nature soud effect? I have an Ambient sound dropped in the world but can’t find the ‘‘loop’’?

Thanks for the help!

Solution found:

*Oke solution found. The problem was in the editor of the Ambient sound. I like the sound settings in ue4 next to UDK.

You click on your Ambient sound, and click in the details panel on ‘‘Edit’’ under the ‘‘sound tab’’. In edit you get into the blueprint for the ambient sound of which i like the concept. In there you click on the sound files and setup the loop settings. Well why did my sound stop when open my level again trough my created menu? Because there was an random node between my sound file and loop node. When removing this random node the music will not start random when starting the game multiple times. *

I have found the sound loop. Well i have a new problem. When i open the level again trough the menu i created the sound is for some reason not loaded anymore. When the level is opened again it should play the sounds in it right?.

Oke solution found. The problem was in the editor of the Ambient sound. I like the sound settings in ue4 next to UDK.

You click on your Ambient sound, and click in the details panel on ‘‘Edit’’ under the ‘‘sound tab’’. In edit you get into the blueprint for the ambient sound of which i like the concept. In there you click on the sound files and setup the loop settings. Well why did my sound stop when open my level again trough my created menu? Because there was an random node between my sound file and loop node. When removing this random node the music will not start random when starting the game multiple times.

Love self-remedied threads, where the OP just talks to himself/herself :stuck_out_tongue:

Good luck on your project :smiley: x

Greetings

Although that I had the same problem a few months ago, I managed to solve it the same way that you did. I even made a note in order not to forget again how to loop a single ambient sound!!!
In my note I wrote down the same methodology that you describe here. “press the edit button in the details tab of the sound. Its placed under the Sound. In there you have to check the looping.”

But now the edit button cannot be pressed! Its greyed out although that I have imported the right sound file!
I have another ambient sound that is looping perfectly and the edit button is also greyed out. In both sound assets the edit window that appears when I press the right mouse button on the asset and select edit “filename” is completely empty. No settings at all. Also I have some sound cues that the edit button is white and I can press it and edit the details.

Can anyone explain to me what is going on? Why is the edit button greyed out? How can I set the sound to loop?
Am I missing something obvious? I have to mention that I have been designing my level for the last 8 hours so…

Any info will be valuable :slight_smile:

Hmm, dont know why it’S greyed out, but you could just create a sound cue and in the cue click on the sound node and choose “looping” in the settings :slight_smile:

-which engine version do you use?
-what happens when you import your sound into a “fresh” project + try it again?

The engine is 4.7.6. I think that I dont have any problem when I use the sound cue method. I will try your suggestions. Thanks.

By replying to myself on this forum i am always sure i can find back the answer, also can be of meaning for someone else :), i hope at least.

I was facing the same problem and what I did was double click on the sound file and in the details select “Looping”. That’s it now the sound loops.
I still have one problem with this: when the sound finishes and starts again there is a tiny pause (fraction of a second) but it’s noticeable. How can I avoid this?