How do I load a level after a level sequence

Hey there, I have a level where I want the game to return to the main menu after the level sequence plays. I have been able to do this with the attached screenshots. However, it returns to the player camera for a split second before the menu level loads. Is there a way to possibly fade the screen to black or possibly prevent the camera returning to the player after the sequence ends?

You can fade to black using a Post Process Volume in the level or a Post Process component in the Character BP.

Or maybe you can make a sequence a bit longer (i.e. duplicate the last keys and place them a few seconds further, so that the actual animation is the same, but the sequence is longer).

Hey so I figured out a work around and I wanted to share the solution for anyone else who struggles with this problem!

Step 1: Trash the disconnected code above as shown in the commented section of the following blueprint

Step 2: Go to the level sequence where you want your next level to load and add an event track and add an event trigger key at the end of the sequence.

Step 3: Add a fade track and add a value 1 key or black key that starts on or before the same frame as your event track key.

Step 4: Right click your event trigger key and create an event in the unbound event slot

Step 5: Add an open level node with the name of your next level, in this case its a menu level for me and then bam! It works!

3 Likes

You’re my hero for this.

1 Like