Download

How do I improve UE4 saving and compiling time?

Hello. it takes forever to save compile and apply anything in the engine. It got to the point where I made a few master textures and apply instances to everything, which might streamline my game, at least it makes sense. it does streamline my material creating, but any kind of saving takes at least 20 minutes, this includes Blueprinting. I’m in the habit of always saving but it takes forever, especially auto saving. My engine is 4.22. Is there any kind of configuration I can do to improve the speed of UE4. I did some searching but what I found was very outdated.here is my system specks, according to speccy. I know it’s an all in one, and rather crappy, but it’s all I have. Can anyone help?

Operating System
Windows 10 Home 64-bit
CPU
AMD A8-7410 93 °C
Mullins 28nm Technology
RAM
8.00GB Single-Channel DDR3 @ 798MHz (11-11-12-28)
Motherboard
HP 8245 (P0)
Graphics
HP ALL-in-One (1920x1080@60Hz)
E2351 (1920x1080@59Hz)
1024MB ATI AMD Radeon R5 Graphics (HP) 93 °C
Storage
931GB TOSHIBA DT01ACA100 (SATA ) 47 °C
Optical Drives
hp PLDS DVDRW DU8AESH
Audio
DFX Audio Enhancer

Your computer specs are bad, there’s nothing that can be helped.

awe man, does ue4 use all available cores now?

Unreal uses a ton of resources. It’s more demanding to run the editor than it is to play most games with all graphics options maxed out.
You can maybe try upgrading your ram to 16gb-32gb, but I don’t know how much that’ll help if at all…

I hate to be a Debbie downer, but your best option might be to try saving up for a replacement computer.

well, thats true, but its all I have since my main, custom, computer that I built just for 3d modeling died. I replaced the motherboard now I think it’s the processor.