How do I implement a widget with 2 players?

I am setting up a widget where there is a character selection screen.

I kind of have an idea of what to do when a player clicked a character/image/button by storing an integer in an array for later use, but I am not sure how to have 2 controllers make individual selections? both my controllers control the same selection. I am trying to figure out how to give each player controller an box to move around, and when each click they SET their selection and stores the selected character as an index # in an array. Where do i start?

Yes it is hurting already HAHA

Right now i’m just learning Local Split screen. All I can handle ATM So yes Just Local offline Split screen right now. Its a basic shooting game. 1v1 or potentially if I can figure out this logic MAYBE melee 4 players Local Offline to start. Then MAYBE try to port it out online LOL but that’s light years away still for me LOL

Thanks Ill see if I could find it! Thanks!

I cant seem to find the live stream you mentioned. By any chance you have any idea where I Could find it?

WOW! Thats crazy! I just tried it and yes it only shows that one result… That explains why every search i was doing i was coming up empty handed!

THANKS SO MUCH!

I temporarily did a different approach where I added the character selection to EACH player screen, I even tried drag and drop, but it got messy fast. I ultimately want to get it right with one screen. I appreciate your efforts very much!