How do I go from First Person playable character to third person cinematic?

Hello, in my gameplay I’m wanting to go from a first person playable character to a third person cinematic. I’m doing this by using a trigger box to trigger the sequence I have for this. However, I was wondering how to hide the third person character when playing in first person because they can bee seen.

I’m still new to unreal and am struggling with this. Cheers.

Hey @Billybrush!

So you’ll want that third person character to have “Hidden in Game” set to TRUE. (select it in the viewport, and it’ll be in your details window)

Now in your code where you have your collision box, I assume that is in the Level Blueprint? If so, you need to open your level blueprint and drag the third person character actor you have INTO the blueprint from the world outliner, that’ll give you a reference to it.
With that done, you can pull off that little blue node, and use “Set Visibility”. Put one of these before and after your Sequence, one to turn on visibility, and one to turn it back off before you go back to first person. :slight_smile:

Hi, sorry for the late reply, but this worked, thank you so much

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.