How do I give a physically opened door opening and closing sounds?

So I have this door

It’s just a simple door with a Box, Collision, and a 45* Physics Constraint. When the player approaches this door they can click and drag to open it via a physics handle (think of it like Penumbra or Amnesia’s Doors), and that’s its basic functionality. The only problem with this, though, is that I have no idea how to give it opening / closing / dragging sounds. If this were a simple door that opened and closed with E, that’d be really easy, but it’s not.

I kind of get what you’re saying. If I interpreted this correctly, you could have a 1-2 second sound that plays when the door’s rotation changes. Once the first sound plays, have a loop on another sound so it makes it sound like it first has the creaky part, then a more smooth sound. I can’t write up an example right now but this should work.

I’ve had this problem also. Bascially, get a sound sample that’s long enough the have some variety in it, about 10-20 seconds ( make it loopable ). In the BP for the door, you need to check for door movement. When the door starts moving, you start playing the sound from a random point and only stop playing the sound when the door stops moving.

If the player starts moving the door again, you’ll be jumping into the sound at a different point, so it always sound authentic.

To check for movement, you’ll need something like a SetTimerByEvent which fires a custom event roughly every 10th of a second. This event can compare the door angle to it’s previous value, if it’s not the same, it continues playing the sound, otherwise stop.

Like this:

and here with the random start time:

My version. Again, not a perfect solution but i think it’s pretty good.

For some sound variety use random function in the cue file with additional samples.