How do I get player transform within an ability? (Specifically GA_Drop in Lyra)

Hello all!

I am trying to drop a flag object I created (or any gun/weapon at this point!) on the ground so that another player or myself can pick it back up, however I am having some trouble understanding how to interface with the transforms from the Gameplay Ability. My idea is inside the GA_DropWeapon ability which is being called when I press the input key associated (‘G’) the ability will “spawn” a weapon at the players location.

What I’m finding out is it appears to be running on the server and not locally, so I figured I could get the player ID from the controller as shown below, but when I get the player ID there’s no pawn. Which lead me to believe the server is the only thing calling this drop ability.

Personally, I would have liked to be able to simply unattach the weapon from the character and remove it from the inventory component/quickbar, but that must be the “old hat” way of doing this.

Any help would be appreciated! :slight_smile:

Here is what Im looking at in blueprint

Finally found the right way to call the proper way, I was looking for Get Avator Actor from Actor Info: