How do I get my post approved on the forum? (Moderation Queue)

Hi, I’m new to Unreal and I was trying to post in the forums under some useful topics but I can’t.

Your posts will be placed in moderation queue awaiting approval. Future posts will no longer be in queue after you are approved for the first time.
Note: Posts in moderation queue are invisible to all regular users, please do not double post.

I’ve searched around the forums but I can’t seem to find a way to get my post approved. I asked on the Unreal Engine Discord server, and I was told that the approval queue doesn’t actually work on the forum and they have to be manually approved by a moderator. But of course the problem is, how do you notify a moderator if you can’t post on the forum?

Does anyone know how I cam get in contact with a moderator for approval? It’s been almost 3 days since my first post and nothing is happening so I believe there is indeed something wrong.

Thanks for any help.

You wait.

I’m going to assume you didn’t actually read my question. I’m not stupid, obviously I have to wait. But there seems to be something wrong since there are people getting approved in a couple days and I’m still waiting coming up on 2 weeks and counting. I looked in multiple communities and that’s what lead me to this question.

I am going to second you. My post has been in moderation for weeks. I can’t ask another question, why?

The only solid answer I’ve gotten is from a couple people on Discord. They’ve told me the forum queue is actually broken and the posts have to manually found and approved by a moderator. I’m not sure how true this information is, but it’s literally the ONLY good answer I’ve gotten about this problem. If this is true, I think it could be months before a post is approved if you didn’t post in the more common categories on the forum. As for me, I will wait until a month after this post has been up to contact Epic by email or a moderator on Discord.

I understand Epic is trying to combat forum spam, but waiting literally a month or more for ONE post seems excessive. I think they would’ve been better by going with some kind of multi CAPTCHA option or bypassing the need for verification completely with phone number verification. I don’t think I’d even be that upset about the waiting if I could actually get a solid answer from a moderator or Epic staff. But instead I have to wait in the dark with no information. I’m missing out on important discussions and can’t even get support for the marketplace plugins I purchased outside of slow emails. Being able to use the forum would be much faster.

Just quick update for anyone that is in my shoes.

Unfortunately I still couldn’t get into contact with any staff members. I was searching through old threads and found that you usually can’t post on a new account until you login through the launcher or link your GitHub.

I’m not sure when these rules were implemented, but my guess is that since my account is rather old and since I never actually posted anything (0 posts since signing up in 2018), these rules might have applied to my account in the back end even though I didn’t see a message in the front end. Whenever the rules were put in place, old accounts with 0 posts likely got restricted without even knowing. The other likely outcome is that the rules were indeed put into place before 2018 and the message simply disappeared from my screen after 2 years of no activity on the account.

Anyways, I ended up linking my GitHub and also adding 2-Factor (just in case). As soon as I linked GitHub, I could post and was no longer in the queue. :slight_smile: