How do I get branch to check boolean only when it is true, not when it's set to true?

So, the title is a little confusing, but essentially, I have a widget blueprint being added to the viewport based on the value of a Boolean. In this case, the Boolean represents if a player has a certain powerup, I’ll use my health powerup as an example.

Basically, if the player already has this powerup, I remove an interact widget from parent, and then add a widget to the viewport saying the player already has the powerup. The issue is, the true value of the branch is triggering as soon as the Boolean is set to true. Which looks a little funky in-game since it’s supposed to show up if the player goes back to try and buy the powerup again.

Any ideas on how to fix this?

Thanks in advance.

1 Like

You could have another bool called something like “bHasWalkedAway” and you set this to true once the player leaves the range of the popup and false when the player gets in range, but hasn’t bought the item yet.

Now you just check is this true and has the player bought the item.

2 Likes

Hey,

Yeah, I didn’t think of that before. That’s a pretty simple check, thanks. I would assume a good use case would be to set this boolean on end overlap?