How do I get around a component failing to compile?

I’m trying to follow along with the Learning Hub course “Breaking Down the Components of Gameplay”, and one of the first things the instructor asks you to do is to make a new Actor Component called FloatingComponent. For me it fails to hot compile and says I need to re-compile, so I compile and get this error:

“Building ComponentsOfGameplayEditor…
Using Visual Studio 2017 14.16.27045 toolchain (C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio\2017\Community\VC\Tools\MSVC\14.16.27023) and Windows 10.0.22000.0 SDK (C:\Program Files (x86)\Windows Kits\10).
Building 5 actions with 8 processes…
[1/5] FloatingComponent.cpp
D:\Temp Projects\BreakingDowntheComponents\Source\ComponentsOfGameplay\Components\FloatingComponent.cpp(4): fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: ‘Components/FloatingComponent.h’: No such file or directory”

I can’t make another file called “FloatingComponent” because says one now already exists, even though it is invisible in the folder. How should I troubleshoot this?

1 Like

I tried a whole bunch of variations on how I could create the file. I found if I assigned it Public, it takes about 10 minutes to compile, but it comes through finally.

I did notices this in the initial log:

"Discovering modules, targets and source code for project…
Binding IntelliSense data…
ZipUtility Error: Couldn’t find an ATLPath, fix it in ZipUtility.Build.cs
ZipUtility Error: Couldn’t find an ATLPath, fix it in ZipUtility.Build.cs "

Googling “ZipUtility Error: Couldn’t find an ATLPath, fix it in ZipUtility.Build.cs” I came up with nothing useful. Hopefully this Public version can get me through the course though. :slight_smile:

1 Like