How do I fix her hair?

She is an XPS model imported into Blender and turned into a gltf file for unreal 5.4, her hair looked normal in Blender Eevee:

but will look like this in Unreal:

her texture sets include a diffuse, normal, bump, specular, AO, and metallic texture for each of her material instances.

Her hair has an alpha map as well if that helps.

What is the hair material blend mode & shading model set to?
If it’s set to opaque then the alpha channel is ignored.
Please show the hair material graph.

For alphas to work you need either translucent or Masked (though masked is better for grass) and the correct channel / material hooked up to opacity or opacity mask depending on the mode.

So I was able to set the material to masked and then have the alpha plug into the opacity mask. It started looking more like actual hair and stopped looking like a mop lol but i feel the hair still doesn’t look soft/realistic enough though. I’ll need to reopen my project and update you

You can get a softer look with translucent mode and try mixing it with sub surface scattering. Then hook up the alpha to opacity.

Masked has a quicker cutoff value for transparency (not as smooth transition hence it’s cheaper to calculate)

here is my hair material setup.

that sounds like a good idea

how do i go about mixing translucency with subsurface?

hair

You’re also probably going to need two sided enabled.

now her hair looks like this.

it looks better but it still looks like plastic.

You can try the hair shader. Haven’t used it myself though, so you’ll need to check the documentation for details.

gotcha. But that would probably mean I’ll have to completely replace her hair. Not looking forward to that lol. But thanks for the help anyway! I appreciate it

If the hair shader doesn’t work then try messing with the anistropy value and change the roughness with a map. I would also multiply the specular with your base color to some extent to get it to mimic a lighter version of the hair.