How do I fix a "Missing precompiled manifest for 'TextureFormat'" packaging error?

Everything builds and cooks fine but when I try and package the project for Windows, I get the following error:

Missing precompiled manifest for 'TextureFormat', 'C:\Program Files\Epic Games\UE_5.3\Engine\Intermediate\Build\Win64\UnrealGame\Development\TextureFormat\TextureFormat.precompiled'. This module was most likely not flagged for being included in a precompiled build - set 'PrecompileForTargets = PrecompileTargetsType.Any;' in TextureFormat.build.cs to override. If part of a plugin, also check if its 'Type' is correct.

I’ve checked the directory, and the TextureFormat folder in Development doesn’t even exist so I’m not sure what’s referencing it or what to do to fix this.

Log file:
UBT-PluginTest-Win64-Development.txt (343.1 KB)

The project itself is a very basic project made to simply test a plugin I was hoping to release to the marketplace.

Fixed it by going through and removing unnecessary dependency module names from the plugin module’s Build.cs file. I did this by removing and then building/running to see if it all works fine, rinse and repeat for any module that may not be required.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.