How do i execute a begin overlap event with button press such as e?

how do i execute a begin overlap event with button press such as e?
ive tried being overlap and end overlaping is overlaping boolean but that bugged out my code is theres a proper way to do it

You mean, pressing E after the begin overlap?

Can you explain a little better the behaviour you trying to achieve?

If you want to execute the overlap event without an actual overlap happening, but with all the options like Overlapped Component, Sweep Results, etc., I don’t believe it’s possible. If that’s what you mean. If not, please elaborate and describe in more detail what you want to do.

You just add an input event for the E key, then plug it into the blueprint that your overlap event is plugged into. However, if you do this, then any variables from the overlap event (such as the blue other actor pin) will bug out your code,
Whats probably the best thing to do, is take the functionality that youre trying to use from the overlap event and collapse it into a function which you can call from any event you want.

Would this be the same for wanting a widget button ‘on press’ AND actor overlap to trigger an event?
So the character has to be stood overlapping an object and a widget interact button pressed for the event to happen?
Thanks! :raised_hands:

I didn’t realised this thread was three years old, whoops :sob::skull: