How do I download 2D assets from the marketplace to my PC

hello. I recently bought some icons for a game I am making and want to download the pack to my PC but it says I need to add it to a project which I dont want to do. How do I do this?

You can add it to the project you’re using to make the game.

But my game is not using unreal engine

In a lot of cases, the marketplace license agreement allows the use of assets outside the engine. But not all.

It’s a good idea to check in this case. Also, contacting the vendor may give you another means of getting hold of the content without running it through the launcher.

Otherwise, I think you’ll have to add it to a project, and then export the assets from the content browser. :-/

1 Like

You can right click the asset in the content browser and select export. You won’t be able to directly transfer blueprints or materials but assets such as models and textures can be exported and used elsewhere. For the most part the only exception to being able to use assets outside of Unreal is for assets directly from Epic those will have " UE-Only Content - Licensed for Use Only with Unreal Engine-based Products" or similiar on the marketplace page but you should read the licenses yourself.

1 Like