How do i display skill list with the press of a button?

I’ve want to have a mini skill display show when i press the button input but the only issue is i wouldnt know how to move it to show on the hud. Any widget tutorial video or tips i can take a look at to learn this method?

Hi there,
Do you want this widget to be interactive (quick bar) or only for displaying current skills?

Interactive for example, if i hold down the gamepad left trigger it would show and then once i have button there then a skill placed in the corresponding position would be used.

So, you need a “hotkey bar” logic.

I haven’t found a quick tutorial, only long series, in case you might be interested you can try only the episodes 6, 7 and 8:

Otherwise, here is the full playlist, and the download link for the complete project can be found in the last video’s description:

I found this one from the same channel, not sure if will help:

You can also consider using the “Radial Menu” logic

How to make Radial menu in UE4 - YouTube
Unreal Engine 4 Proof of Concept - Pie Menu - YouTube

This is perfect but its a step ahead. I had wanted to basically move the hotkey bars and text over when button is held down then on release, it disappears again.

like this when nothing is pressed:

then like this when the button is held:

then when the button is released, it goes back to the first images position.

I understand, have you tried this one:

I’ll see if I can find anything simpler.

more like this method

Good to know. Are you giving it a try? Most of the references I have are presented right in the middle of a long series of videos, it will be difficult to follow. I’ll share here if I find anything.

I found it! This is basically what i was trying to do.

it may take me some time, but i want to slide the bars in and out when the designated button is pressed.

Oh, I see now, my bad. I misunderstood you question. Glad to know you’ve found a solution.

1 Like