How do I delete all not necessary staff from my project?

So, I have some problems with optimization of my game. When I start playing, everything is ok. But in about 3 minutes it starts lagging very much, and as more longer I play, as harder it laggs. I found some guide on profiling, and found out, that process(if I can call it so) “FAndroidDeviceDetectionRunnable”
is very big:

Im not gonna play this game on any platform excepting Windows, so I want to delete all files, needed for compatibility with other platforms, to get better performance. How can I do it, and if you think I shouldn’t do it, how can I fix my performance then?

You can turn off support for other platforms from the launcher

1 Like

Yes, but if I’ve already installed engine and started project, how do I delete it from already existing project?

If you change the ticks, it will remove the parts you don’t need.

So I just need to reinstall the engine? And it will not create any error-messages?(Sorry, im new into UE)

No… Just change those ticks and it will do everything for you… :slight_smile:

Well, it didn’t help to make performance better, but i think it is solution to my question. But if it’s not hard for you, could you please explain, or send tutorial on how to profile and fix problems, found after profiling, because I can’t find anything really helpful. And thank you.

Profiling is a PHD… :slight_smile:

Something, that’s much easier than ‘insights’ is to just remove almost everything from the level ( disable auto save ).

I assume it gets better when you bin almost everything?

There probably only one or two things that will really make it tank when you put them back in. Investigate those assets.

But if I need everything I have in my project? What’d I do then?

It’s not what’s included that’s slowing it down.

It’s something about one of those things that’s slowing it down.

Like something crazy on tick in a blueprint etc…

This helps you find that bad actor…

Alright, Ill try to find something. Thank you very much!

1 Like