How do I create doors?

Hello… I’m back with another question for you guys. So I’ve been working on my very own and very first project for 2 weeks now. I’ve done some rooms, hallways, stairs etc, but not when I’m at creating doors I got stuck (hospital/asylum setting). Didn’t find anything about it here on the forums, google just gave me tons of links to Unreal Engines youtube (which I have already watched).

EDIT: Ran in to another problem, so I have these rooms with padded walls/ceiling and floor… but I can’t seem to make the materials line up properly. Would it like up properly if it was one big object instead of made of 4 walls, floor and roof?

TL: DR, I need an effective way to create a decent looking doors, that you can open.

Thanks

Reminds me of this: "The Door Problem" of Game Design

That was fun to read hahaha…

I don’t know if it is too late, but here is how I am setting up doors. In my project, I’ve created a class that is basically a usable actor (light switches, buttons, etc.). I created a door class derived from my usable actor class and created a 3D model of a door with the left bottom corner of the door being at (0, 0, 0) in 3DS Max and exported it, then I override my OnActivate method (from my usable actor class), and handle the door by rotating it. Hope I helped! Good Luck! :slight_smile:

Ok, thanks. Guess I have to learn a 3d software to make doors :slight_smile: