How do I create a vote-for-loadout selector (a voting system) for my box fight 1v1 map?

I’m trying to create a voting system for loadouts like the one in pandvil’s box fight map. He uses switches and only one switch is turned on at a time. If one is turned on the other is turned off, and players receive their loadout once they’re teleported into the map. I’ve spent hours watching tutorials and learning just to fail using triggers and sequencers (pulse triggers). I’d really appreciate anyone who could help.

Hey goatjulian_

Using Class Selectors to change Classes for loadouts (Class Designer Devices) I would reckon it takes

Player Reference Devices, one for each island starting spawnpad, Register Player on Player Spawn.

A Switch per Class Selector, Setting the Disable to every other switch by On Interacted event.

Class Selectors, Enabled by its switch and Disabled by every other switch.
Also set the Change Player to Class options to each Player Reference Device, on Activated
and maybe another set of Player References set to On Player Replaced to change joining players to the class.

then use Round Setting Device to Activate each Player Reference Device on round start…

Although I just reread your thread and realised you said teleported, in which case you could just point all the Class Selectors, Change Player to Class event to the teleporters On Enter or On Teleported event, without using the Player Reference.

THANK you so much I wish I could’ve thought of that myself, that’s so much simpler. Works great I used what you said without player reference thank you again

Wait there is actually one problem. When I enable the class selectors based on their respective switch when I choose the option “On turned on” the players receive multiple loadouts (because the switches were once turned on even if turned off before the selection ends) but when I choose the option “On Check Result on” it doesn’t give any loadout. I was wondering if I needed to include a round system, I am new to this so I’m not sure how that works.

If you don’t want rounds I think it should be Ok

There is a setting in the class selector to Clear Items on Switch, if its off, good hope that was the prob, but if its on then some tinkering needs to be done.

What device are you using to get the “On Check Result on” with ?

I actually do want there to be 10 rounds and its the class selector, and yes the clear items on switch was off thank you for that.

I have another post about making the round system so that the game ends when a team reaches 10 wins.
It’s a 1v1 map and I want to replicate Pandvil’s system. If you’re willing to give me some insight on that I would be so thankful. I attached a clip of what I’m talking about.

Here is what I have so far in my own map, with the class selectors and all.

Here is how the current round goes.

Btw It’s okay if you don’t wanna keep helping me, I understand that it might be a little annoying going back and forth. Thank you though if you reply

I enjoy helping, it helps me too.
For instance I just realised there is a Switch,
When I said switch, I meant Button, I haven’t used the switch before and keep overlooking it.
It has way more functionality than a Button.

OK Back to your problem…getting the Pump when you should be getting the Havoc, somethings not doing right, now I’ve gotten over the existance of the switch, I’ll go back and have a look.

Ok I think I see whats going on,

There is a check state function,
So by using On Check Result On and Off in the Class Selector, it is waiting for a Check State before it will give us a Check Result.

I was going to say switch to a button, because it works simpler, the check result would enable the class selectors to work after the switches are done with selection, instead of switching around with a set of buttons.

So I reckon putting a check state event of all the switches, somewhere on a timer that happens before the teleport, then class change can happen then.

If you don’t have enough time with the end of a timer and it doesn’t change class in time for the teleport you may want to point the existing timer to the switches and an additional 1 second timer that does the teleport.

Works perfectly, thanks so much :slight_smile:

1 Like

Oh Yeah !!!

No worries, you did a good job, and thanks for helping me learn about the switch.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.