How Do I create a Different session For each map and not have them interfere with each other?

I want to join a session when i press play but have the map be the same one as i selected. Basically i want to join the map i select. How Can I set it so that I can Do that. Like in cod, where you pick a map and join a session with that map.

Thanks,

When you create session you can set different custom settings information in it, store map in one of them. Then when you search session you process found session and search for one that have selected map in the settings nad join it (or let player choose form one of them)

I don’t think you can do this by default online subsystem bindings, you need to do this either C++ or use Advance Sessions (but it only works with Steam)

But I am not making this for steam so will this still work?
I just need to set the map right?

How will this work in blueprints?

Thanks,

The server map is the one running on that server.
I think what you are describing is a matchmaking service
Where you choose which map and other options you want to play on,
And the service (which is not a server running the game but something else entirely) searches for game servers and sessions matching your selection.
I do not think this is included in the engine or any of the online subsystems.
You can program your own and set up a matchmaking server outside of your game (again this is not an unreal engine thing but something your unreal game can communicate with to find sessions)
To do that then you mostly need to know how unreal Sessions objects work, and then figure out some way to collect those into one place outside of the game, that your game.knows how to communicate with. Kmowing how to communicate with such a service would be the logic in a special online subsystem.you create or mayne there is a plugin for it if youre using an already established matchmaking service.

Problem is online subsystem API missing lot of bindings to blueprint, Advance Sessions bind missing functions, but it was made for Steam specifically, not sure if this gonna work with different Online Subsystems

Well if you can get lists of all session game itself can do the matching based on data that it gets. If all he needs is join random on specific map all it needs to do is pick first one or random found with specific map.

Yea it has to pick random with the same map. But how do I get the map that the session is using?

OK I found the answer all I had to do was get all current players and cast to third person player and get preset value. Then check if that equals the map you selected. Thank you all for your help. Thanks,

As i said store it as session parameter