How do I change weapons mesh

So I have a first person starter pack that came with some easy to read blueprints (even though I’m still learning and dont understand them) and some starter weapons. My question is, How do I change these weapons to the new skins I bought in the marketplace? I’ve been looking all over for an answer. I wish I had a friend to ask all kinds of dumb questions to. I’m sure it’s easier than Im making it out to be.

It’s hard to say without seeing the weapon system. You’ll probably need to find the blueprint for the weapon you want to change the mesh of, open it and find the mesh already there (it may be a skeletal or a static mesh). On the details panel (usually on the right hand side of the screen) you will find the mesh reference. You just click on it then select the mesh you want to replace it with. That’s the basic concept anyway!

Answer given above should do the trick ,but I’m trying to extend the answer given above. Most probably weapon packs bought from market place will give you skeletal meshes and their respective animations (shooting, reloading etc.).

• First change the Mesh asset as mentioned above
  • After changing the mesh , if there is any animation blueprint associated with it change it too…(You will find it right above mesh in details panel)
  • as you said that you have a starter pack with some blueprints and you just want to change weapon mesh, make sure sockets in new skeletal mesh and old mesh match (skeletal sockets are used to fire bullets in weapons and make sure socket names in new mesh and old mesh match).
  • If they don’t match, change socket names to match socket names of old mesh (if you don’t change them it may mess with shooting logic )
    These are basics and if you want to do more you can also change muzzle flashes and bullet trails.

I Hope this helps you.Cheers!

1 Like