How do I change the unreal engine 5 editor window scale?

I can’t find a way to change the UI size inside the unreal editor windows.

Does anyone know where to find this setting?
Here is an example of how tiny the windows are. It’s not that easy to read, and it’s hard to work like this.

Hello Aant Jack, i recommend you to try and put your cursor in the left edge and you will see an arrow appears, strech that until you like the size

1 Like

If you’re trying to increase the font size of property names and such, I couldn’t find a way to do it in the editor. The only thing I can think of is decreasing the resolution of your monitor while you’re working with the editor.

Hey AantJack, welcome to the Unreal Community!

To change the size of the font/ui within the Unreal editor, go to Tools > Debug > Widget Reflector. Change the value of the “Application Scale” slider to suit your needs. Keep in mind you may need to resize some windows to fit the new icons and text if you scale up too much!

I hope this helps!

17 Likes

How to save that scale config?
The editor will reset to default 1.0 when restart

1 Like

Hello, I have created a plugin to save the ApplicationScale of WidgetReflector. I am sure it will help you.
KTA552/UE-EditorUIScaleCustomization

5 Likes

Thanks! This is exactly what I was looking for! Adjusting WidgetReflector scale but persisting across restarts. I am new to Unreal Engine but the readme was dead simple and I got it working easily.

Weird how that isn’t built into the editor, seems like an important accessibility option

1 Like

Happened to me. I just deleted the DerivedDataCache, Intermediate and Saved folders. The problem was most likely coming from the Saved folder since it stores lots of config stuff. Then I reopened my project and Unreal built everything from scratch and my UI was back to normal.

1 Like