How do I change the project back to DirectX12 from Vulkan without have Vulkan ?

Hello everyone, I am new to UE5 and I am working on my first project. My PC crashed multiple times with DirectX12 so I tried the methods I found online by switching to Vulkan and DirectX11.

However, After I switch to Vulkan, when I open the project it say " incompatible Vulkan driver found" and closes UE5 automatically.

Now I just want to switch back to DirectX12 or DirectX11, but I cannot open the project and get into the Project Setting window, is there any way to switch the project to DirectX12 or DirectX11 without opening the Project or having the message “incompatible Vulkan driver found”.

Thank you so much

Hey there @LilyLai98! Welcome to the community! Here’s a resource to help you change your RHI from the ini file! Let me know if this helps or you have any questions!

1 Like

You can add -DX12 or -DX11 to your unrealeditor.exe shortcut or you can edit your DefaultGraphicsRHI variable inside DefaultEngine.ini in your config folder.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.