How do I blend landscape textures based on world height / heightmap values?

@Stevenc94 its the Transform node in vector ops

The way to remove the negative values is to clamp the negative values to zero before powering. Just change the Clamp Mode to min value. That should remove the negative values before you power without blocking your positive values.

Not sure if you figure it out. The way to remove the negative values is to clamp the negative values to zero before powering. Just change the Clamp Mode to min value to not block both directions. That should remove the negative values before you power without capping the positive Z values.

Is this, after two years, still the best way of doing this or have thing changed a bit? I am mainly asking this because I seem to be unable to find some rather important nodes. The blend layer, blend bump and white parameters specifically.

Oh absolutely not, I’ve refined it quite a bit and there are easier ways now to get these results. I’ve since switched to using World Machine just because it produces more rugged and defined results, but I can definitely dig out my old notes this evening and give a quick run-down of how to apply this method.

Ok, it works, but, I am having hard time applying grass MESH to that grass. It simply doesnt show up. I name the landscape grass layer same as grass textures inputs but doesnt work :confused: how would you apply grass mesh to be where grass texture is?

hi guys

i Fixed The Snow Graph Which @Daverex Made It . And I Improved That
Hope To Be Usefull For Users

Note : If you want to Blend Materials Instead Of Lerp(Color Debug) , use “MatLayerBlend_Standard” .

The Graph :wink:

ShowCase :

1 Like